20 October, 2015 | Transport

Port of Darwin privatisation triggers new regulatory regime

On 15 October 2015, the Northern Territory (NT) Government announced the successful bidder for the Port of Darwin - Landbridge Group, based in the People’s Republic of China. The deal is $508 million for an 80% stake in the port, which places the full port value at approximately $630, eclipsing analysts’ estimates of a sale price of $300-$500 million. The remaining 20%, currently held by the NT Government, will be sold to an Australian-based investor within the next two years.


20 October, 2015 | Transport

Find out how Synergies can support you

Contact Us Today

Subscribe for updates